Planning your Next Corporate Event
When it comes to planning a corporate event, the stakes are often high, particularly if you want to build lasting business relationships. Events bring people together whether – whether employees or customers – and allow you to make the connections needed build your brand through personal connection. This remains true whether you’re are planning a product launch for 500, a conference for 100, or employee training for 25. Understanding event planning and management if often the key to success. Here are some tips and tricks for planning your next corporate event successfully.
- What is the Goal of Your Event? In other words, you should be able to state its purpose and what you hope to accomplish. One you know, the whole process of developing your event will be easier and resonate with your audience in a meaningful and engaging way.
- Define your Budget. Now that you know the type of event and its purpose, you can set a budget for the event. Always add extra to handle unexpected expenses, or changes that may be required along the way. With your budget in hand, you an begin allocating expenses – location, food including dietary restrictions, beverages, décor, a/v and technology needs, technical crew, speakers, etc.
- Settle on a Timeline. You have a number of tasks to accomplish before the big event so creating a timeline with all the details will streamline the process and keep you on track. Depending on the size of the event, you may need to start planning as much as 12 months in advance to ensure your milestones are met in each event category from venue to schedule, travel to speakers.
- Establish your Target Audience. Your audience may be employees, clients, customers, community members, executives, or a combination, but by determining your target audience you will be able to meet their needs and cater to their interests. Remember, it is always better to invite too many people as opposed to too few, because more attendees can create buzz for your business.
- Define your Theme or Topic. Your theme should ensure an immersive and educational experience while your format will allow your attendees to have an experience they could have nowhere else.
- Choose your Location. Now you have all the information you need to choose the best venue for your event. The location and venue will set the tone for your event, encourage attendance, and make your event memorable.
- Secure Event Personnel. From speakers to caterers to decorators to audiovisual technicians, and everyone in between, you want to secure the best event personnel to assure your event is a success.
- Plan Time Wisely. Your event should be the perfect blend of interesting content and free time for your attendees to relax and recharge if needed.
- Promote, Promote, Promote. Whether your event is small or large, promotion will get the attendees there. From traditional invitations to email to social media to personal promotion from your team, promoting your event can take many forms. You can also create an event website or at least a new landing page on your company website with all the information available.
- Enjoy Your Event. Use an event app with interactive features for real time feedback and streamlined communication among event specialists and your personnel to keep the event on track. Enjoy your event and celebrate its success
Speaking of Ideal Locations…
Lighthouse Point Yacht Club is the perfect venue for your next corporate event. With the option of our luxurious yacht club with waterfront views, you will also enjoy a wealth of amenities for you and your invitees. An abundance of meeting options is available for your event. Inside, Lighthouse Point Yacht Club, stylish décor and audio-visual capabilities deliver the ideal backdrop for your next corporate event, conference, product launch, training session, or private party. Outside, the patio deck presents the perfect location for a corporate cocktail party to welcome your guests. Call today to schedule your next corporate event at South Florida’s exclusive Lighthouse Point Yacht Club.